ifarmer's 45g reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter ifarmer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
1,347
Reaction score
251
Location
Hawaii USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All.
I was out of the hobby the last few years and just recently got back into the hobby.

I am going to document all the steps of this setup so that I can look back and see the progress.

thank you all.



Let it begin.....

1651236955868.png
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on the new tank! The planning stage is the best time to start a build thread!
 
Congratulations! I have been running a JBJ 45 gallon for many years, let me know if you have any questions. My biggest dilemma that I still struggle with today is whether to use a cover or not. I ended up with a small glass cover over the overflow area and the rest is open. I have to pick fish very carefully or they jump out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new