IM 20 Light rec? Wider spread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nanofordad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nanofordad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2021
Messages
158
Reaction score
155
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month back into reef with an IM20 (24” wide) and I’m currently running an aqua knight ao29 light. Plenty of power for my lps/softie tank, but it doesn’t do a good job reaching the edges of the tank.

I also have two islands that sort of block the light to the edges as well.

IMG_0661.jpeg



Looking at some light bars - hygerr and nicrew have some but wondering if those are even as good as the one I have.

Any other recommendations? Trying to keep under $100 if I can!

Thx!
 
I have this exact tank, it's been running now for 15 months, and I have a single AI 16hd prime on it, 14 inches above the water, and I can grow everything in this tank, and it looks wonderful. You can pick up a used 16hd here on marketplace for under $170
 
I just googled this light, it is a 30 watt light. To give you some perspective, I use AI Prime - which is a 55 watts light - on a 15 gallon tank. I feel you are short on watts. Any led light of 50-60 watts will work fine for your tank, IMO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new