IM 200 int peninsula vs red sea peninsula 950

thekap2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in the planning phase of getting a large tank. As far as options go for 200 gallon peninsulas, these 2 seem to be it. My primary question is which tank is better, pricing it out it seems like piecing together a system using the IM is about 1500 cheaper then going with the rs max. So basically are the actual stands and aquariums equivalent? Is significantly better? Is the convenience of the max worth the price? The plan will be to have a coral system.

Gut Pile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in the planning phase of getting a large tank. As far as options go for 200 gallon peninsulas, these 2 seem to be it. My primary question is which tank is better, pricing it out it seems like piecing together a system using the IM is about 1500 cheaper then going with the rs max. So basically are the actual stands and aquariums equivalent? Is significantly better? Is the convenience of the max worth the price? The plan will be to have a coral system.
I have the 150int. the tank is really nice and the stand is bomb proof. Better than anything rs sells for a lot less money. Only downside i can think of w their 200 is i wish it was shorter height and longer. Does rs even make a real 200 gallon tank outside the max 1000?

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am looking for a 72" tank for a folr build. I was looking at the Red Sea 850 but I would like something a bit taller. I was thinking the IM 200 but its even shallower. I am thinking about maybe glass cages but really what an aluminum stand.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back