IM 25 Lagoon Anemone tank

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m gonna have an IM nuvo 25 lagoon tank coming with clownfish, and many different anemones.. throw me your equipment options I should use

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m gonna have an IM nuvo 25 lagoon tank coming with clownfish, and many different anemones.. throw me your equipment options I should use
Seachem stuff! Start off with stability :)

What kind of rock/safe. Gonna need more info. And what light do you have

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I’m not running an underneath sump yet. But I will be making a a diy overflow and using the back sump as a weir and plumbing that into an external pump and running a manifold with that, so I can run an algae reactor and other reactors wIt’s it

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you given thought go just going with one of the new lagoon 25 EXT's that are already drilled for an external herbie overflow?

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you given thought go just going with one of the new lagoon 25 EXT's that are already drilled for an external herbie overflow?
Yeah but I really don’t want to pay the extra 100$ but I may end up doing it.. it’s silly cause technically they are removing materials but charging more

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but I really don’t want to pay the extra 100$ but I may end up doing it.. it’s silly cause technically they are removing materials but charging more
To be fair, the glass is being milled down on the overflow edge, so there is some risk during production. I don't believe it's a $100 risk, and the lack of the AIO compartments to construct should have offset a lot of that cost, but I agree. I think it would just end up being worth the cost, if for nothing else than complete peace of mind, and slightly more tank real estate from the reclaimed ~3.5" the AIO baffles take up.

Either way, sounds like a really exciting tank. Are you just going to stick with normal RBTA's or get something more uncommon like carpets or the smaller max minis?

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can, it would be a good idea to use a 20 gallon for the sump, I have a 10 Gal. for my sump and it gets so small once you start adding equipment. For a skimmer, I would suggest the Reef Octopus 5 in. internal space saving protein skimmer, for the ATO, the Tunze Osmolator universal 3155 auto top off, for the heater, 100W Eheim JAGER Aquarium Heater. There are also many reactors out there you might want to look in to. It also might be a good idea to upgrade the return pump to reduce the number of power heads you'll need in the main tank. I love all anemones systems, I used to have one, can't wait to see how yours turns out.

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also since I’ll have so many anemones do you think I could have more than one pair of clowns? Like a pair and 2-3 other males?

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be getting expensive RBTA, a carpet, maxi minis, and lots of rock flowers
25g, even the shallow lagoon. That's not a lot of space for a carpet, they can get pretty big. I would be careful with your fish. If they don't have much space around the carpet they can end up as dinner.

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25g, even the shallow lagoon. That's not a lot of space for a carpet, they can get pretty big. I would be careful with your fish. If they don't have much space around the carpet they can end up as dinner.
From what I read is if you feed them lightly they won’t griw fast

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back