IM 25 Lagoon Return Nozzles

DoriReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the IM 25 lagoon where do you guys point both return nozzles? Can’t figure this out for good current that’s not too strong? Have the VCA RFG and sicce 1.0 pumps but current seems still too strong for my clownfish and hard to find good coral spots, where do you guys point yours?
 
Hello from Canandaigua!

I have the 25 lagoon, and I point my returns mostly "up".

I'd use circ pumps for flow otherwise.

Clownfish should not get blown around, if they are, please let us know, you may have a fish parasite 😬

Good luck!
 
Hello from Canandaigua!

I have the 25 lagoon, and I point my returns mostly "up".

I'd use circ pumps for flow otherwise.

Clownfish should not get blown around, if they are, please let us know, you may have a fish parasite 😬

Good luck!
Turning the pump off he is fine. Only when the pump is on. What do you mean up? Like yes angled up for agitation but like up and forward? Or to the side? Or where?
 
Turning the pump off he is fine. Only when the pump is on. What do you mean up? Like yes angled up for agitation but like up and forward? Or to the side? Or where?
It really depends on your aquascape and powerhead placement.
He is scape and no powerhead cuz it just seems too strong.
20261007_222438_EB575A4F-C446-4DD3-8FE5-A77D91847BBC.png
 
He is scape and no powerhead cuz it just seems too strong.
20261007_222438_EB575A4F-C446-4DD3-8FE5-A77D91847BBC.png
Yes, I would point both of your nozzles "up" at the surface, then I'd add a circ pump or two for "flow" 🙂
 
I agree with fish fan. You want the return pumps to be pointed upwards to give some mild surface agitation; then one or two powerheads would give you the perfect amount of flow in your tank.
 
I agree with fish fan. You want the return pumps to be pointed upwards to give some mild surface agitation; then one or two powerheads would give you the perfect amount of flow in your tank.
Yes have them angled up for agitation but where do you think they should be pointed? Just straight or to the sides?
 
Yes have them angled up for agitation but where do you think they should be pointed? Just straight or to the sides?
Personally, I would angle them both slightly to the sides to make sure you cover the entire surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new