OP
OP
R

RageTM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear how the tank is doing!
Hey! Sorry about not posting in here, I've been hard at work on the tank. It just can be pretty busy with life and I'm real bad at posting. Would like to change that though!

Gonna be honest, no corals yet, I know what I want but just wanted my ugly phase to run most of its course I guess. Also just been enjoying having it in the kitchen, I enjoy it with just livestock but do want to get more stuff in it soon.
This is how it looks so far, I finally faced a good portion of the ugly phase, not to the extent I expected. More of it that has coated the rocks has gotten better, sand is the biggest problem area. I got an ATO finally but it was broken in box, BRS is sending me a replacement unit. Also got a BubbleMagus MiniQ and it has been doing a great job, its been a little strange since I emptied it again the other day but I'm hoping its just still breaking in.
IMG_4923.jpg
IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg
I got a few new livestock, picked up a pistol shrimp for my goby. They are now very happy and doing well in their little cave. Got a few astrea snails, only 2 remain. I believe my "3" hermit crabs took a fancy, I say 3 because I've only seen 2 since. My pistol shrimp has also hijacked every shell I put in there for the hermits. My latest additions are an emerald crab and tiger conch. The conch has been putting in work and I see the emerald crab cleaning the rocks a good bit.
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4934.jpg
Everything has been doing great though, I enjoy what I have now. I still love the heck out of the goby, my clowns always come up to the glass to greet me but can be really gluttonous when feeding, gosh do they love to eat. The wrasse has been getting along well with everything too (crossing my fingers). I am looking at getting more of a clean-up crew, snails mostly. Really want to get a black cap basslet, not sure what to do outside of that, guess we'll see! Hopefully, next time I post I've got some corals in here.
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4933.jpg

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Sorry about not posting in here, I've been hard at work on the tank. It just can be pretty busy with life and I'm real bad at posting. Would like to change that though!

Gonna be honest, no corals yet, I know what I want but just wanted my ugly phase to run most of its course I guess. Also just been enjoying having it in the kitchen, I enjoy it with just livestock but do want to get more stuff in it soon.
This is how it looks so far, I finally faced a good portion of the ugly phase, not to the extent I expected. More of it that has coated the rocks has gotten better, sand is the biggest problem area. I got an ATO finally but it was broken in box, BRS is sending me a replacement unit. Also got a BubbleMagus MiniQ and it has been doing a great job, its been a little strange since I emptied it again the other day but I'm hoping its just still breaking in.
IMG_4923.jpg
IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg
I got a few new livestock, picked up a pistol shrimp for my goby. They are now very happy and doing well in their little cave. Got a few astrea snails, only 2 remain. I believe my "3" hermit crabs took a fancy, I say 3 because I've only seen 2 since. My pistol shrimp has also hijacked every shell I put in there for the hermits. My latest additions are an emerald crab and tiger conch. The conch has been putting in work and I see the emerald crab cleaning the rocks a good bit.
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4934.jpg
Everything has been doing great though, I enjoy what I have now. I still love the heck out of the goby, my clowns always come up to the glass to greet me but can be really gluttonous when feeding, gosh do they love to eat. The wrasse has been getting along well with everything too (crossing my fingers). I am looking at getting more of a clean-up crew, snails mostly. Really want to get a black cap basslet, not sure what to do outside of that, guess we'll see! Hopefully, next time I post I've got some corals in here.
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4933.jpg

Looking good. Absolutely love sixlines! Was an original 'must have' fish for me. Then switched to a flasher, and since the DOA flasher I've swapped back to sixline. Sixline and a replacement blenny should be my last fish unless the tank has more health issues!

Tank is looking good. I'd add some hardy coral if I were you! I'm sure you could support some at this point!

OP
OP
R

RageTM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sixline:
soon GIF

soon GIF

Haha, hope it stays peaceful! Beautiful fish. Pair of clowns might keep it in line.
Agreed, there haven't been any issues so far with him, but I'll have to keep a close eye out when adding more livestock. I believe the clowns have been doing a good job of keeping everything in check, from watching them at the store they seemed to be a problem bunch but no problems, fingers crossed.

Looking good. Absolutely love sixlines! Was an original 'must have' fish for me. Then switched to a flasher, and since the DOA flasher I've swapped back to sixline. Sixline and a replacement blenny should be my last fish unless the tank has more health issues!

Tank is looking good. I'd add some hardy coral if I were you! I'm sure you could support some at this point!
A sixline wasn't my first choice but I went with it when I saw him at a local shop. I wanted a melanarus at first, of course the shop I go to got one that would have been perfect after I got the sixline. But I do like how it looks in the tank, and it should help soon when I get some coral.

Also, I'm sorry for your losses, saw in your thread. I couldn't believe the blenny, and now the goby. I hope you can figure out exactly what's going on!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4923.jpg
IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4934.jpg
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4933.jpg

Glad to see your livestock is still doing well!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back