IM 50 AIO or Fiji 38 Peninsula AIO

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for some thoughts or opinions between the 2 tanks and/manufacturers. The IM is slightly more expensive because of shipping but the dimensions are kinda nice for where I want it to go. The Fiji is a tad long however it’s pretty narrow so sort of works out. The peninsula factor gives it a nice look but it also is going up against a wall so won’t be actually displayed in peninsula fashion.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only based on fake internet research and forum reading, I’ve seen more people having good things to say about IM. Also I’m a member of the bigger is better squad, so I’d lean that way :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider compartment sizing for add ons. Having owned both brands, I would go IM over FijiCube due to many posts of missing pieces and damage during shipping.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Lagoon 50 AIO for almost 5 years. Highly recommend IM for the build quality and customer service, The current version has some nice upgrades that mine doesn’t have. It has great dims for aquascaping while still being on the smaller side so it’s manageable for things like water changes.
Before you buy you should ask yourself what you’re going to be stocking. Those two tanks have fairly different display areas and one may be better than the other for what your goals are. I think you’ll find the 29” x 19.5” x 16” display area of the IM tank to be a nice canvas to work with. If you have any specific questions let me know, I’m happy to help if I can.

OP
OP
Mr. GoodStuff

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up settling on the IM50, LFS had one and they were matching the online price without having to pay for shipping so was kind of a no brainer. Plus the size and 30” length was a good fit for my area and a better choice for fish I would like to put in it.

Now I’m trying to settle on a light choice for it. No plans on SPS except MAYBE a piece or two in the center very high up, but something super easy like birdsnest. Mainly will have euphylia, LPS, mushrooms, zoas.

Ideally I’d like to do a single light solution and at the moment I’m thinking XR15 G6 or Reefi Uno 2.0. Leaning towards the Radion because it can be roughly $100 cheaper and the new ones seem to have decent reviews as far as light spread and shadowing.

Build thread will be in the future!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up settling on the IM50, LFS had one and they were matching the online price without having to pay for shipping so was kind of a no brainer. Plus the size and 30” length was a good fit for my area and a better choice for fish I would like to put in it.

Now I’m trying to settle on a light choice for it. No plans on SPS except MAYBE a piece or two in the center very high up, but something super easy like birdsnest. Mainly will have euphylia, LPS, mushrooms, zoas.

Ideally I’d like to do a single light solution and at the moment I’m thinking XR15 G6 or Reefi Uno 2.0. Leaning towards the Radion because it can be roughly $100 cheaper and the new ones seem to have decent reviews as far as light spread and shadowing.

Build thread will be in the future!
I started with a Radion XR15 G4 but the single puck style that one has wasn’t enough coverage, should have got two. A G6 should have better spread than the G4 had. Switched to two Reefi Uno 1.0’s when they first came out and now have a Neptune Sky over my Lagoon 50. The UNO’s got the best color out of the corals. The single Sky covers the whole tank and gives a more flat T5 kind of look.

OP
OP
Mr. GoodStuff

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a Radion XR15 G4 but the single puck style that one has wasn’t enough coverage, should have got two. A G6 should have better spread than the G4 had. Switched to two Reefi Uno 1.0’s when they first came out and now have a Neptune Sky over my Lagoon 50. The UNO’s got the best color out of the corals. The single Sky covers the whole tank and gives a more flat T5 kind of look.

Yea I seen a lot of people use the Sky but price wise it’s a bit steep for what I need unless I come across one on a crazy sale.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I seen a lot of people use the Sky but price wise it’s a bit steep for what I need unless I come across one on a crazy sale.
I was fortunate for both my upgrades. I got the Reefi Uno's for $350 each as pre-orders. I have two Neptune Sky's because I'm upgrading to a 48" long tank and got them on sale for 25% off earlier this year before the regular prices went up. Been using the one on the Lagoon 50 in the meantime until the new tank is ready.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back