IM 75 Ext or Mode Infinity Series 75

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started this hobby in July and I'm already ready to upgrade. :) I currently have a Biocube 32. Wondering which ones of these tanks would you go with? I'm only considering the Mode because it includes a sump and plumbing. Also would 3 AI Prime 16HD's and 3 MP10's work for a 75G?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first choice would be a Cade, with my second a Red Sea. But between the IM and Mode, I'd probably opt for the mode. Yes, 3x AI Prime 16HDs would work. You may be able to even get away with 2x AI Prime 16HDs. Another option would be 2x Hydra 32s.

Instead of 3x MP10s I might instead suggest a pair of Nero 5s - and then you can control both the lights and powerheads with a single app (and the pair of Neros are about the same cost as a single MP10). Ecotech owns AI anyway.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I actually pulled the trigger on the IM 75 ext. Got the shipping confirmation today. :) I looked at Cade but I can't justify the price difference. I also like being able to choose my sump. I don't think the quality is much different between the Cade and IM to justify the more than double price difference. I personally think the Cade is geared towards people who wants an already built tank on delivery.

Back