I'm a reasonable man. I do reasonable things.

OP
OP
DigitalFishAquariums

DigitalFishAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the tank doing!?!?
Much better, some stable frags, torches acros and zoas, some good gonies. Hair type Algea all but gone, snails breeding constantly, no fish diseases I can spot.

20220924_123427.jpg
20221016_175345.jpg

OP
OP
DigitalFishAquariums

DigitalFishAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Home:
1677599594762.png

update on why i don't update:

I gotta get better at taking pictures. I know this is a bad angle, and obviously my phyto experiment on the counter is unsightly, but when the whites are on, it's always so blue and lacks nuance. and when i try to take pictures under blues, they have nuance, but they're SO BLUE.

anyone got tips?
1677599302566.png

full fat in profile shots with an orange filter only manage to show how much i REALLY have to prioritize hanging these lights because of the hot spotting:

1677599511232.png

and there are some blues

1677599337393.png

Update on what im up to:
Anyway system update i've managed to add filter socks to the game, my original plan of "a bucket of floss with holes in the bottom" did filter out finer particles, but wooowww it clogged fast. I did cut the rest of the bottom of the bucket off and I DID manage to match all my plumbing up from my spare parts bin, so that was nice.

It looks like I've no idea what schedule or color I wanted to use though:
1677599703740.png

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah one of my example pics i have that, I'm not super happy with it, yet.
Get different color gel filters. They sell them in rectangle sheets pretty cheaply and you could probably fab up a lens cover with a cheap cell phone case. You may need to play with the color filter for your spectrum of lights. I had a Kessil that needed a yellow filter before... orange looked horrible when I tried to take photos.

OP
OP
DigitalFishAquariums

DigitalFishAquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sump looks nifty! Breakdown of how it works?
so very much like a typical sump with chambers, but the chambers instead of being acrylic or glass are big black feeding trough. the top is a Rubbermaid 50 gallon, the bottom is a Rubbermaid 100. There are 3 2" pipes to a second Rubbermaid 100 on the right, which is the "pump chamber" and I run stuff like my algea reactor off it.

The overflow drops off in the 50 on top, it falls through some filter socks i jig sawed holes into to fit, and when they fill up the water level rises until the orange 5 gallon bucket lid allows it to overflow.

Pipes in and out, wires, i dropped all the heaters in the hole, I piped the external skimmer/pump through the bucket.

I'll do a more in detail post with pictures once i've finished plumbing the way i like it, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back