I'm BAAACK!

WVUreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..let me preface by saying I took an unplanned extended hiatus from the hobby for the last 3 yrs..I was living in an apartment in Morgantown, WV with a 65g RR mixed reef, and of course running on pretty much mid grade equipment..well long story short had a baby, got married, bought a house and moved from my beloved Morgantown (home of the WVU Mountaineers) to Clarksburg, WV about 45 min south. So I do like my house, but Clarksburg has virtually no reef scene to speak of or that I know of..Coming from Morgantown where I had been on of the originals in a scene that exploded there in the mid 2000's..So after about 2 yrs of moving in and making our house a home I finally pulled the trigger on a 150g tall RR tank on sale last spring..I decided that this time I was going to have the dream equipment (within reason) and live stock I have always wanted. I wanted a large tank but the room the wife alotted to me for a tank had one wall that was just under 6ft long, so a 150 tall was the best I could do. I got the tank on sale for 650.00..I followed that up with a Trigger systems 39 sapphire sump I got for 439.00 on a blemish sale (still can't find the blemish)..A Bashsea pellet reactor from an overstock site for 80.00..and finally this week got my Reef Octopus Regal 170 int w/ varios 4 dc pump on clearance for 330.00..So i still need to build a stand and pick up a few more items before I can actually start the build but I am definitely closer today than I was yesterday on getting back into my passion..

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
zOk7nol.gif

OP
OP
WVUreefer

WVUreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks..would have made an appearance on R2R sooner but it has been so I could not remember my password..had to track down an old tablet and get it charged to log in and update profile..email..password ect..

OP
OP
WVUreefer

WVUreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180106_154341.jpg
got this from the coralvue clearance store over break for the new build..Regal 170 int w/various dc pump biggest skimmer I've ever owned

OP
OP
WVUreefer

WVUreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was also looking at either buying a new probe for my pinpoint ph monitor or just a new monitor in general...found an octopus ph 100 from the same site whole kit and caboodle for 20.00..even if it is not what I expected it was only 20.00..als ojust purchased a third AI vega from ebay to go w/ the 2 I already own from my previous tank...my plan is to use them on an Aquatic Life t5/led hybrid fixture for now until I decide when and what brand to upgrade my LEDS..also have to wait for the fixture because everywhere under the sun is out of stock..

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back