I'm bored, let's see your reefs.

CalebWBrink2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0158.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg

The new rose bubble tip is looking fine.

Coralmaniac21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I had one of those hex tanks. Loved it. [emoji1319][emoji106][emoji1696]

Thanks.. im not a fan of acrylic. But my first reef started in my 27g hex glass.. and i didnt want another long tank nore had the room so i searched high and low for bigger hexagons.. All i could find were 35 and 42g glass hexagons.. not the 55 and 75g ones. Theyre just too rare these days..

I got lucky and this 60g hex popped up although i think its a 55g you know how companies like to lable their tanks higher.. guy wanted 150 with the stand.. but when i looked at it, it had crazing those micro cracks all along the edges of the tank.. i originally passed.. then went meh and offered 120 and took it home..

The crazing i guess is normal specially when this tank is kinda thin and bows when filled. But yea if i had a glass one id swap em.. i also dont like the 3 black back panels... i guess there nice to hide algae growth but i cant see behind the tank so i dont know whats going on back there lol.

Still a nice tank though

MikeyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bittersweet: here's the last full tank shot with the big Stylophora colony I've had for the past 2 1/2 years or so. It's starting to shade everything below it, so I'll be chopping it up in the next couple days and making a whole bunch of frags for someone local who's doing some stony coral genetic research.

fts_1-16-19.jpg

MikeyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bittersweet: here's the last full tank shot with the big Stylophora colony I've had for the past 2 1/2 years or so. It's starting to shade everything below it, so I'll be chopping it up in the next couple days and making a whole bunch of frags for someone local who's doing some stony coral genetic research. My tank's going to be bald up top without it!

fts_1-16-19.jpg

Kasey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first setup. Installed two Hydor Koralia on a wavemaker after this pic, one of the two HOB filters will be moving to my quarantine tank since I’m pushing 40X gph my tank size. Cycle is almost done, water from this will go into a 10 gal bare bottom quarantine tank to start cycling for our first fish
8dbef69fdc5286597523650420db865d.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back