IM chaeto grow 2 in one 9 watt

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can join two 9 watt lights together to make a 18 watt ?
I need the light to be wider not longer and should have gone with the 18 watt but I’m wondering if the two 9 watts can be joined in the center increasing the width and watts ?
 
I’m wondering if the 9 watt can be attached in the center to the other 9 watt to create an 18 ‍♀️
or if I should just buy the 18 watt and replace it with the 9 watt
 
I looked at mine and there is a slide rail on both sides but Paul can tell you if it is possible to attach them.
 
If you buy the 18 it's only one plug. 2x9v means two plug outlets needed.
 
I was thinking, if I’m going to replace my light with the 18 watt IM chaetolight , maybe there’s a better light that I should try?
many suggestions ? My basket is only about 5x10
Currently the 9 watt doesn’t position in a way that I can center it on the basket, although the 18 watt should provide better coverage, maybe I should try something else
 
I just got the Neptune Gro light to replace my IM.
I'm curious, is that in any way different from the grow light Inappropriate Reefer, on YouTube, uses? Besides the orange rubber? He showed his, and it was literally identical. Did they change out some diodes, or something? Is it just worth the extra because it plays nice with an Apex?
 
I'm curious, is that in any way different from the grow light Inappropriate Reefer, on YouTube, uses? Besides the orange rubber? He showed his, and it was literally identical. Did they change out some diodes, or something? Is it just worth the extra because it plays nice with an Apex?
Oh I'm sure various companies copy and paste but I can't answer your question. It comes ready to connect to apex energy bar which sucks because they do not give you a 12v option. You have to order a separate plug adapter which I found out after the fact.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new