IM Fusion 15 VCA Nozzles?

Mike_Saw_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received my IM Fusion 15 tank (Thanks to BRS and their giveaways this week) and I plan on starting a build thread once I figure out my game plan. I do have a question though about the VCA nozzles available for this tank. They have 3 options on their site and they are listed below. I am wondering what the best option would be for this tank. I do know I will be upgrading to the Mighty Jet 326 to get more GPH.

Option 1: 1/2in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle paired with the 19mm Slip-Fit Drop Adpater.

Option 2: 1/2in Random Flow Generator® Nozzle With Loc-Line

Option 3: Dual 1/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzles with optional 19mm Slip-Fit Drop adapter.

I am not fond of the IM Spin Stream due to the moving parts.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. I don’t have the VCA nozzles on my tank yet, but I plan on getting the third option or the spin stream. I’ll update when I get it!

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the 15, but I imagine it's similar to the 14 peninsula they make. I have the dual 1/4" nozzles on mine. I like that having 2 of them means I can direct flow to different areas, and my corals seem happy enough, but I am not convinced it's giving me better flow than the stock duckbill return... I have to have one of them pointing up towards the surface to get much surface movement at all, while the stock return created movement while pointing horizontally/slightly downward.
On the other hand I'm not running my return pump at full speed so maybe that's my issue! I think it's on 1.5

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run option 3 on Nuvo20 pair with scicce 1.5. I had spin and the concept is good but the moving parts cause it to get stuck with detritus and gunk.

OP
OP
M

Mike_Saw_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up getting the drop kit along with the 1/4" dual nozzle (Option 3) and ordered from BRS while they were on sale. I also ordered a ton of other stuff for this tank and will work on starting my build thread soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Did you win a tank from BRS?? If so, congrats!!!

I am tagging along out of interest. I had an IM Nuvo 10 and I had a SpinStream for it. It was loud for sure! Now I have an IM Nuvo 15, and I can't even figure out how to connect the SpinStream to the IM Nuvo 15. None of the adapters that came with the SpinStream seem to connect to the IM Nuvo 15's plumbing. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, or maybe it's because I purchased the SpinStream a few years before the IM Nuvo 15 was available. Maybe now the SpinStream ships with an adapter that fits the IM Nuvo 15.

I'm sorry for going off about the SpinStream, I did see you don't want one, and I don't blame you. I am subbed to see other suggestions because my SpinStream really didn't work for me.

Best of luck with your new IM 15!

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similarly, I have an IM 10 and 1/2" VCa. Is there a cheap way to get an adapter? I feel like it should be 3d printable.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back