Im going to Hawaii!!! Tips/Advice??

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all! so my family surprised me with a week long trip to Hawaii in January. Im getting my scuba diving certificate this fall so I plan to do some diving. The island im staying on and excursions are still undecided, so I wanted to ask here to see what tips everyone has since I know there are many divers here who have been to Hawaii. Any places you recommend seeing in specific? best island to stay on? best diving sites? anywhere you can rent underwater cameras? any details/pics/advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im also looking to do some diving in Hawaii.
All of the diving/snorkel spots I checked here don’t seem to have coral reefs, just fish/turtles.
does anyone know any coral reef snorkel spots in Hawaii?

camostore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im also looking to do some diving in Hawaii.
All of the diving/snorkel spots I checked here don’t seem to have coral reefs, just fish/turtles.
does anyone know any coral reef snorkel spots in Hawaii?
Night dive with the giant manta rays off the big Island

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends which island you’re going to. If you go to Maui there’s molokini crater you can snorkel/dive at

darrelh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have any experience so no advice but HAVE FUN! Take us a picture or two.:cool:

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to Kaua'i, I would recommend visiting Hanalei Beach, the Na Pali coast line, and the Kaua'i Burger food truck if you can find it.

If you are visiting Oahu, I would recommend visiting the Diamond Head crater, Aliʻiolani Hale (commonly seen in Hawaii Five-0, and the Pearl Harbor memorial.

If you are visiting Maui, I would recommend driving the Hana Highway (commonly known as the road to Hana), visiting the Ke'anae Arboretum to see the Eucalyptus trees, and visiting the Wai-Anapanapa State Park to see the black sand beach cove.

Most of the islands have a Duke's restaurant. I would definitely recommend it!

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back from Hawaii. This is one of the better spots I found while there:

Anyone know why the corals look colorless? Are they dying or just lack of actinic lighting?

Last edited:
Back