IM Nuvo 10 - Clownfish Bits makes Maintance Hard

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got back into reefing recently after a few year out of it!

Started a 10 Gallon Nuvo. I enjoy the tank! Have the protein skimmer really helps.

I stocked it with 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 ocellaris clown and a bicolor blenny.

Recently when I’ve been trying to glue coral down or move rocks around, the clown has started biting me. Doesn’t hurt but it’s a bit annoying and he gets in the way.

Should I go ahead and try to give this clownfish to a local fish store and get another fish instead? I’d honestly prefer something like a small wrassse (not six line) that would eat bristleworms and other pests as the clown real doesn’t do anything (he just sits under an archway).

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns do not like you messing with their territory... that's just how they are. Smaller the tank, the more territorial they are.

I will say, that most fish that are ok with swimming out in the open, will be very curious of anything you stick in the tank. They get used to you, and you feed them, so it must be food that they have to check out.

eamike261

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wrasse would outgrow that tank almost immediately. They like to swim around in bigger areas.

OP
OP
ahmed.boomer

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat bad news. Gave the clown to a friend and now my bicolor blenny has started getting nippy. Could it just be tank size or do you think the blenny will grow out of it.

The blenny doesn't really attack my hands. It's more of pecks. He does it to my hands and when I'm feeding using the turkey baster.

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Wyoming white oscellaris is literally a mini rottweiler, the little ******* will attack me repeatedly when i put my hand in the tank... made me love him even more and due to his tenacious demeanor i named him riddick in honor of vin diesels murderous character from the movies, my girlfriend won't even go near my tank she started freaking out one time i had her move a coral when i was gone and she got bit lol she was like screaming at me she was so scared of my clown lol

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the nibbles from the clowns I had.. and I'm looking forward to the mean bastardo I'm soon to get (blue lightning maroon clowns).
The shrimp are the ones that ticked me off.. them little ding dongs pinch hard.

Just remember that you set up a home for the clown.. don't be made if it does not like you being an intruder in it's domain

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back