I'm really going to do this - at least I think

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

As valuable information goes, this is the best forum I've seen. Not a lot of trolling and a lot of supportive, knowledgeable and active members.

Concentrate on the stickies in the various categories to get familiar with common concepts and issues and you'll avoid many of the pitfalls encountered by newbies that haven't found R2R yet

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bom Dia Reaction GIF

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - just dropping in to introduce.

Always had freshwater growing up. Maintained at least 3 or 4 tanks in my bedroom. Got fun with the piranhas and oscars.

That kind of faded out with growing up through moving to college, and then life. So my pets turned mostly to dogs.

Kids wanted a fish so we started up a decent little freshwater.

But now I (and maybe they do) want salt water.

This will be my first (username was mostly from enjoying open water dives) tank. Love forums like this (have helped me rebuild cars, upgrade cars, and other things.). Looking forward to meeting you all.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - just dropping in to introduce.

Always had freshwater growing up. Maintained at least 3 or 4 tanks in my bedroom. Got fun with the piranhas and oscars.

That kind of faded out with growing up through moving to college, and then life. So my pets turned mostly to dogs.

Kids wanted a fish so we started up a decent little freshwater.

But now I (and maybe they do) want salt water.

This will be my first (username was mostly from enjoying open water dives) tank. Love forums like this (have helped me rebuild cars, upgrade cars, and other things.). Looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great family hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back