OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't an acrylic lid have a cleaner finish and match the box?
Probably. But I don't know of anyone that can make something like that for me

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be acrylic/glass shops in your area that can make it. Eshopps would likely make one for you as well.
Yeah part of the problem is though I've emailed and called eshopps several times probably a dozen combined and for whatever reason they don't seem to want to return my emails or phone calls I also brought it up to @Ryanbrs and @randyBRS at Bulk Reef Supply to see if they could get in contact with them since they stock the overflows now. but I haven't gotten a response from them either.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melev I recommend him 100%. Melevesreef is his YT. Great guy and has the CNC to cut and piece together acrylic. He makes anything from tanks, sumps, overflows Etc

Melevesreef.com I believe is his website.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melev I recommend him 100%. Melevesreef is his YT. Great guy and has the CNC to cut and piece together acrylic. He makes anything from tanks, sumps, overflows Etc

Melevesreef.com I believe is his website.
Thanks! Acrylic would definitely look better :) is he on R2R much or should I try contacting him by email.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same overflow box... wish the internal box had the cover. Hey Crabs, do you have a rim on your tank? Curious if your water level is at the rim? I haven't drilled yet and would love to hear any tips or tricks. Thought I'd have to silicone the bottom of the teeth or something. Pics would be great. Pm me. Don't wanna side track your thread. :)
This is how close to the top I put mine, and if I'm being honest with myself I wish I would have went slightly higher. My water line right now is right at the bottom of the trim, so go a little higher than this
bWlplOPl.jpg

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Acrylic would definitely look better :) is he on R2R much or should I try contacting him by email.

He is not on R2R as much as other social media platforms. Usually through his website is the best way to get a swift response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back