In need of some nano tank inspiration

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished upgrading a 25 gallon mixed reef into a 62 gallon, and I'm in the process of breaking down a softy tank. So now I currently have 2 tanks in need of a project. Can't decide what direction I want to go with them so I thought I would ask for some opinions!

What I currently have:

A 62 gallon AIO mixed reef with 2 radion xr15 gen 5s. All SPS and LPS, this tank is going to stay as is, don't think I want to add much more to it.

A 10 gallon waterbox cube, currently completely empty/dry. Have an AI prime and a sicce 1.5 pump for it.

A 25 gallon waterbox peninsula. AI Prime light, a few mushrooms, some zoas, some gsp, and a lot of gha and cyano. Has snails and hermits but no fish currently. Also has a tiny bit of encrusting sps left on a rock that I couldn't get off when I moved the rest into the 62 gallon.

A 32 gallon fluval flex. This tank will be getting taken down and not set back up. I've struggled with the lights and filtration from the very beginning with this tank and I'm just ready to be done with it. Tank is running the stock fluval lights and currently has two large leather corals, some xenia, and some gsp. Also has a huge amount of some sort of neon green slime algae that I can't seem to get rid of. Has a pair of clownfish that I will definitely be keeping and moving to one of the two waterbox tanks depending on what I decide to do with them, a royal gramma I'm going to move into the mixed reef tank, and a non reef safe file fish that I'm going to take back to my lfs.

So I have two tanks that I really need ideas for. My options include getting rid of all the soft coral I already have and starting over entirely. Moving all the soft coral together into one of the waterbox tanks. ....And if I do that do I put it into the 10 gallon tank...add it to the existing 25 gallon soft tank....break the 25 gallon tank down entirely and build a new aquascape before putting the soft corals back in....or just throw in everything and hope for the best with the green slime and cyano....

I'm leaning the most towards either the 10 gallon or the 25 gallon being a softy tank and the other being an anemone tank. But I'm not sure which one is better for which idea. And I don't know if I should use my existing rock or start over. And should I use sand or some other sort of substrate. Or should I do something totally different and have a macro algae display tank.

Mixed reef 62 gallon:
20221009_170110.jpg

Waterbox 25 peninsula:
20221009_170057.jpg

Fluval Flex 32:
20221009_171511.jpg

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condense the 25 into the 10, cleaning/removing the crud from the livestock. Reset the 25 into a new project.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 58 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back