In-tank protein skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ewieranga
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ewieranga

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have been looking at getting a protein skimmer for our 4 foot tank, roughly 220 litres or 55 gallons, with no sump. It currently has LPS, mushroom and zoanthid coral and three wrasse. Hope to get two clowns, a blennie and maybe another fish in the future. We don't have much space behind the tank so we need an in-tank skimmer. I've heard tunze is quite good and i've been advised to get a skimmer rated for double the size of the tank. At the moment I'm tossing up between the tunze DOC 9004 (250 litres) or the DOC 9006 (600 litres) but there's a fair price difference. Is the 9006 too big? Anyone had experience with these skimmers? Or are there other brands with good quality in-tank skimmers out there?

Cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new