Incorporating your reef into home school

ShakerBreaker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
155
Reaction score
226
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I homeschool our children, really mostly she does it. As they are getting older and more interested in science and nature I have of course been teaching them about reef ecosystems in very small doses, introducing them to our aquarium as each step in the cycling process concludes and a field trip to the Monterey bay aquarium.

Anyway, I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else on here does this and if they've ever incorporated their tank into a full science curriculum. I'm going to take them snorkeling just before Christmas break and I was thinking about really going full bore on the ocean ecosystem after the break.
 
No kids of my own, but I love talking to whoever will listen about what they are looking at. I consider it a part of the responsibility of being a reefer!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new