Increase elements a/k if have a refugium?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m growing some chaeto and red ogo gracilaria in my fuge and I’m wondering if this impacts the daily recommended dosing for elements a & k?

7D9CB1C2-52D9-4FC7-BFBB-0F16E39C9516.jpeg 8A1814ED-4A65-4582-9F2B-0DD79D28DDF1.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Then I think they will as most plants consume trace elements. I dont know how much of an impact.
Yeah I know they utilize some, just not sure if it changes how much the manufacturer recommends to dose or if they accounted for that in their recommendation— that is where I hoping to get some additional direction.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know they utilize some, just not sure if it changes how much the manufacturer recommends to dose or if they accounted for that in their recommendation— that is where I hoping to get some additional direction.
Yes, the algae will consume some trace elements, depending on growth and other organisms in the tank. So consumption of trace elements may very.

Fortunately most marine organisms are quite adaptable to certain spans of trace elements concentrations since concentrations also vary in the natural habitats.

My recommendation is to try a 50 % higher dosage and watch whether it improves growth and coloration. Keep in mind that you are dosing an increased dosage at any changes you observe in the next few weeks and months.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you— I wasn’t far off, I currently underdose since I don’t have big colonies yet, but I increased it by 40%. I will have to try 50% and see if I notice any positive difference.

geeked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you— I wasn’t far off, I currently underdose since I don’t have big colonies yet, but I increased it by 40%. I will have to try 50% and see if I notice any positive difference.
I use chaeto grow. I have red ogo and mangroves with a bit of chaeto. All grow faster with the use of chaeto grow which contains everything (to my knowledge) that a marine plant will need. I noticed my mangroves have grown a lot faster when dosing this.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back