Increased Aeration During ChemiClean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PopBot16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PopBot16

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2017
Messages
234
Reaction score
104
Location
West Coast USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dosing ChemiClean today, and I already run a skimmer and an airstone in my sump, as well as several wavemakers in my DT. Do I need to *increase* aeration as long as I keep all of that running during treatment? There's about 225g of water in my system.
 
I would agree probably sufficient, just observe the fish for any signs of low oxygen, such as gasping at the surface.

@PopBot16 Question though: doesn’t running an air stone in your sump result in salt creep everywhere?
 
I would agree probably sufficient, just observe the fish for any signs of low oxygen, such as gasping at the surface.

@PopBot16 Question though: doesn’t running an air stone in your sump result in salt creep everywhere?


Not really. The sump is relatively deep. In the chamber with the airstone, there's about 10 inches between the water level and the top of the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new