Indonesian Coral Export Restrictions Have Been Lifted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we received some great news which is bound to be a sigh of relief for the global trade in aquarium corals. After a long hiatus of restricting the issuing of health certificates necessary to export all corals beginning back in May, the Indonesian Fisheries Ministry has rescinded this order. This means that very soon […]

Continue reading...

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we received some great news which is bound to be a sigh of relief for the global trade in aquarium corals. After a long hiatus of restricting the issuing of health certificates necessary to export all corals beginning back in May, the Indonesian Fisheries Ministry has rescinded this order. This means that very soon […]

Continue reading...

Where can I get some cool stuff from there??? They had a earthquake and tsunami hope the fish and corals are ok

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now it all depends on the boss of susi air, now also fisheries minister, good luck i hear she's ******** ;Cat watch prices go up lol

Last edited:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now it all depends on the boss of susi air, now also fisheries minister, good luck i hear she's ******** ;Cat

From what I've being told ... she's trying to protect the Indo reefs which has been selfishly destroyed when being collected by local divers. There wasn't any due diligence to protect the reefs. Collecting corals and letting it thrive again is usually the norm BUT majority of times when corals are being harvested, it gets destroyed and have no chance of growing back. That was her main concern as I've been told ....

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that too ;Cat

for everyone else, indo is fairly impossible to police, with 17,000+ islands, little littoral and no blue water navy. i have seen as little as 5 working 12' boats patroling all of raja ampat marine reserve, which is about 3,500 sq miles spread across different patches, and that's indo's crown jewel.

ideas how we in the community, can help with our business and reefing practices?

some smart reefer should write a reefer's code.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money over rules everything ... lookit how bad it is in Malaysia!! How do you think Crazy Rich Asians movie got it's "inspiration" from ... ? :confused: ;Jawdrop

Not being prejudice but I was born and raised in East Malaysia and I've seen almost all the dirty deeds way back then. It only got worse after I left ...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back