Infected MultiBar Angel with swim bladder issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyPenFly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FlyPenFly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
743
Reaction score
337
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came to me yesterday, he is in my hyposaline QT and I’m going to move him to treat with NFG because he seems to have some red splotching that looks bacterial.

Will move to a 5.5g HT tank, any suggestions on dosing for NFG? I also have kanoplex, copper power, metroplex, focus. He is not eating though.
 
This came to me yesterday, he is in my hyposaline QT and I’m going to move him to treat with NFG because he seems to have some red splotching that looks bacterial.

Will move to a 5.5g HT tank, any suggestions on dosing for NFG? I also have kanoplex, copper power, metroplex, focus. He is not eating though.

Can you upload pics of the fish?

Bacterial issues are pretty common with sensitive angels. NFG should be dosed exactly per the instructions as well as the 25% daily WC.
 
Sorry thought it was in the post but here it is E73BA78D-FE0D-4A59-A111-6F96E665BE43.jpeg D6E9EDF6-B89E-4F32-AC06-B6D255260BAF.jpeg CD9F99BA-D4EC-42A2-82B2-8E52B89BFBF0.jpeg
 
What’s 25% of a quarter teaspoon? How do I even measure that, this is so stupid
 
I was confused because it says 25% water change.
 
It’s a quarter teaspoon per 20g so for a 5.5g tank that’s 25% of a quarter teaspoon, sigh
 
It’s a quarter teaspoon per 20g so for a 5.5g tank that’s 25% of a quarter teaspoon, sigh
I use a scale to dose it. It's much easier. Much more precise.
 
A scale measures weight though not volume.

I suppose you can measure out a teaspoon then fraction it but it’s going to be a lot less precise. Wish everyone followed seachems model.
 
A scale measures weight though not volume.

I suppose you can measure out a teaspoon then fraction it but it’s going to be a lot less precise. Wish everyone followed seachems model.

Yeah, I understand. Take a 1/4 teaspoon and weigh it. Then divide by 20 × 5.5. bingo.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new