Injured Rabbit Fish

Dipan Desai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what happened but yesterday all was well and today my rabbit looks to have an injured eye. Not sure what it is. Our power did go out sometime last nigh so maybe it got spooked and banged into something? He has been super shy this morning and not acting normal. Sorry for the crappy images.

20201123_113743.jpg 20201123_113450.jpg

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree with the idea of mechanical injury to the eye. I do not know if the tank mates are aggressive. If not I would observe only. Make sure he feeds well.
I would prepare for treatment of secondary infections with antibiotics as a second resort only , and if, in a hospital tank.
It sounds silly, but I have a nightlight on for my fish (Kessil), as I lost one fish..dead in the mornings, no reason others than possibly nighttime trauma.

OP
OP
D

Dipan Desai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree with the idea of mechanical injury to the eye. I do not know if the tank mates are aggressive. If not I would observe only. Make sure he feeds well.
I would prepare for treatment of secondary infections with antibiotics as a second resort only , and if, in a hospital tank.
It sounds silly, but I have a nightlight on for my fish (Kessil), as I lost one fish..dead in the mornings, no reason others than possibly nighttime trauma.
Thanks for the reply. No aggressive fish in my system and he is def the biggest out of them all. I will observe and proceed as necessary.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back