Inkbird 306A won’t connect to WI-FI

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I woke up this morning to seeing an alert in my phone that my Inkbird was not connected to the internet. I just recently found how to turn on the alert to tell me when it’s offline because a few weeks ago, my power strip failed and I came home to find my tank at 69. Immediately this morning I thought I had another power failure, but the device was powered on. I searched all over the app to see if there was an option to try and reconnect it because my WI-Fi is currently working. Couldn’t find any option for that. So I broke out the manual and still nothing. I decided to remove the device and try to factory reset the controller as described in the manual. “Hold the power/down arrow for 2 sec”. Okay, it turned off. “Hit the power button to power on and the device will sound alarm. Your device is reset”. Turns on but no beep. WI-Fi is flashing fast. So I go to add a device on the app and first try the ez set up. This never works with any smart controller I have in the house so I wasn’t expecting it to work on this and it did not as usual. I hold the WI-fi/up button and it starts flashing slowly. I try to add the device again in AP mode the same way I do with all my smart bulbs/outlets. I go to connect through the network created by the controller “smart-xxx” and it still won’t connect. Anyone have any advice? The controller still keeps my temp, but the whole point of this was to have access and alerts from anywhere!

OP
OP
Gophish1982

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're using a 2.4GHz network to connect, yes?
My router does both but the reason I have a hard time doing the quick set up is that my router doesn’t differentiate between 5 and 2.4. That why I always do the AP set up with ALL of my smart devices. It has been connected for 2 months and just randomly went off line in the middle of the night.

OP
OP
Gophish1982

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My router does both but the reason I have a hard time doing the quick set up is that my router doesn’t differentiate between 5 and 2.4. That why I always do the AP set up with ALL of my smart devices. It has been connected for 2 months and just randomly went off line in the middle of the night.
***SOLVED***
I have an eero router and I figured out how to pause the 5ghz signal and ran the setup again.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 94 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 112 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%

Back