Inkbird controller issue.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone get to the bottom of why the inkbird controller has a delay in updating the temp reading? My 306t/a controller will show a temp of say 78f even when the real temp is 76f, then suddenly the display will change to the correct temp but by that time the heaters have been off so the tank has dropped in temp?

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, it's still a mystery.
Mine does the same in one of my tanks.
I unplug and plug back in to fix it.

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone get to the bottom of why the inkbird controller has a delay in updating the temp reading? My 306t/a controller will show a temp of say 78f even when the real temp is 76f, then suddenly the display will change to the correct temp but by that time the heaters have been off so the tank has dropped in temp?
The device will automatically update the temperature reading, because the probe is too sensitive, we have done a little stabilization to prevent the short-term temperature fluctuations from causing the heating equipment to turn on frequently, thereby reducing the life of the equipment. It has no effect on operation. If there is a big temp difference, you can message me for help.

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The device will automatically update the temperature reading, because the probe is too sensitive, we have done a little stabilization to prevent the short-term temperature fluctuations from causing the heating equipment to turn on frequently, thereby reducing the life of the equipment. It has no effect on operation. If there is a big temp difference, you can message me for help.

my inkbird has a .3c variance but the display/probe fluctuations are more than .3c which makes the .3c claim pointless, my tank goes as much as double that.

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my inkbird has a .3c variance but the display/probe fluctuations are more than .3c which makes the .3c claim pointless, my tank goes as much as double that.

Could you please calibrate it on your phone? If the temperature fluctuations is larger than you expected, could you please contact my email: [email protected] , I will try to figure out the solution.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i use. $30
D

Attachments

• 81CGh0cR1kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81CGh0cR1kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 13

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back