Inkbird temp controller saying off-line

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new tank, testing everything before I go all out on it, I'm using an Inkbird ITC-306A temp controller with a titanium heater. I got it set-up last night and everything's been working fine, but now I'm at work. my phone is obviously not connected to my wifi at home - and the app is saying device is off-line. Is it really off-line, meaning it's not controlling the heater, or it just because I'm not on my wifi that I can't see updates?

I'm just confused, I'm not a tech-savvy person.

thanks for any advice.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to control it via the app, while you are at work....
So there seems to be an issue between the inkbird controller and your wifi/router at home... or your wifi is down.

if the inkbird controller is on a smart plug/outlet, you could try resetting it. if you can control that, then you know your wifi is still working at home. If you can't control your other smart devices, then your wifi is probably down.

OP
OP
Snitch

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured it out - since I had to modify the settings on my router just to get it hooked up (Verizon router - prefers 5G over 2.4), I never went back and reset my router settings back to where they were. I just did that and it appears to be working correctly now.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back