Innovative Marine 15 Build

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! After being out of the hobby a few years the itch started again. Decided to go with a 15g Innovative Marine with APS stand. For the rock I went with Two pieces of Tropic Eden. Will post more pictures as I move along :cool:

Tank -
Innovative Marine 15 Fusion
Stand -
Innovative Marine APS
Rock-
Tropic Eden TE-MORROCA-CAVE-H-PK
Tropic Eden TE-MORROCA-TPC-PK
Lighting -
Ecotech XR15 Blue
Control -
Neptune Apex

IMG_0676.jpeg

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great looking tank and an awesome wee scape! Thanks for showing us- and keep up with updates please :star-struck:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the RMS in and mounted the XR15 with diffusor. May end up hanging it due to the mount blocking a bit of the second chamber. Waiting in the basket to come in for chamber 2 before making that decision.
IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0681.jpeg
Tank is off to a great start!

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm guess the Hybrid salt was a mistake. Water was clear for a couple days but now has been cloudy since. I'm guessing a bacteria bloom. Will wait it out but will probably switch to another salt once I start doing water changes.

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump time. All my electrical is located in the closet behind the tank. Mounted everything up on a piece of board. Replacing the Apex Jr this week with a full Apex A3 due to the JR having WiFi issues so I can hard wire it in. Neptune and BRS were great with the swap out. Also added two starter corals which are doing great and added my first fish, Yasha Goby and Candy Shrimp. They were added a couple weeks apart but found each other overnight, so cool to see the relationship between them.

IMG_0805.JPEG
IMG_0801.JPEG
IMG_0803.JPEG
IMG_0804.JPEG
IMG_0802.JPEG

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo dump time. All my electrical is located in the closet behind the tank. Mounted everything up on a piece of board. Replacing the Apex Jr this week with a full Apex A3 due to the JR having WiFi issues so I can hard wire it in. Neptune and BRS were great with the swap out. Also added two starter corals which are doing great and added my first fish, Yasha Goby and Candy Shrimp. They were added a couple weeks apart but found each other overnight, so cool to see the relationship between them.

IMG_0805.JPEG
IMG_0801.JPEG
IMG_0803.JPEG
IMG_0804.JPEG
IMG_0802.JPEG
Tank looks like it is doing great!

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0949.jpeg

Updated full tank shot. Been dosing AFR (3.5mL) for the last 3 weeks to keep my ALK stable at 8. Green Slimmer has browned out but gaining color since raising my intensity to 40% over the last couple weeks. Nitrate a little higher than I like @ 21 so need to research how to lower as I currently do a 2 gallon water change a week and don't want to feed less than the daily Nano Larrys Reef Frenzy (pinky nail size portion).

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0949.jpeg

Updated full tank shot. Been dosing AFR (3.5mL) for the last 3 weeks to keep my ALK stable at 8. Green Slimmer has browned out but gaining color since raising my intensity to 40% over the last couple weeks. Nitrate a little higher than I like @ 21 so need to research how to lower as I currently do a 2 gallon water change a week and don't want to feed less than the daily Nano Larrys Reef Frenzy (pinky nail size portion).
Tank looks like it is doing great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back