Innovative Marine 30l build thread

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! About 9 months ago I added another tank to my collection ( not documented on here ) and have since consolidated and made it my only saltwater tank. As a result of that, the tank is grossly overstocked, so I have decided to upgrade it to a 30 gallon Innovative Marine aquarium.

Here are a few pics of the old tank:
bubble coral.JPG
clownfish2.JPG

IMG_5781.jpg

I hope to keep you guys posted on progress and anything else that may come about in this thread!

Last edited:

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! About 9 months ago I added another tank to my collection ( not documented on here ) and have since consolidated and made it my only saltwater tank. As a result of that, the tank is grossly overstocked, so I have decided to upgrade it to a 30 gallon Innovative Marine aquarium.

I hope to keep you guys posted on progress and anything else that may come about in this thread!
I’ll be happy to take any overstock corals off your hands! LOL jk Keep us updated! Pictures are everything!

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here are a few pics of the old tank:
bubble coral.JPG
clownfish2.JPG

IMG_5781.jpg

Fantastic tank choice, I have the IM Fusion 30l AIO and love it.

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has arrived! the box came with a huge gash in it, but the tank was well protected and looks amazing.

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

I am also trying to decide what to do about lights. I currently have a kessil a80 on my tank, and because this tank has the same height and display depth, was just going to go with another a80, but I don't know if this will be enough. what do you guys think?

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, like you my IM 30l box was all beat up, and also the tank was fine, phew.

I’m not familiar with the a80, try two (since you have one) and see if you like it. I have two AI Prime HD’s and these are perfect, plenty of light for good growth and looks sharp in kitchen.

Last edited:

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has arrived! the box came with a huge gash in it, but the tank was well protected and looks amazing.

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

I am also trying to decide what to do about lights. I currently have a kessil a80 on my tank, and because this tank has the same height and display depth, was just going to go with another a80, but I don't know if this will be enough. what do you guys think?
I think a second A80 would work but probably not going to put out the PAR numbers your looking for. I would consider a light upgrade. Beautiful tank!

OP
OP
AnotherReefHobbyist

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the light input! I will consider going to two ai prime 16’s in the future, but for now with mainly softies and lps I just decided to go the cheap route and do a second kessil.

went to the LFS and got…. A little carried away, but here we are with the haul!

3E1A0867-4F3F-405E-B44B-36B544726B35.jpeg

4 Hanna checkers ( my mother was convinced we needed these, we didn’t but I wasn’t going to protest )

20lbs of sand to add onto what I currently have

kessil a80 and gooseneck

refractometer ( my salt levels were dangerously high because of using a hygrometer )

some coral putty

and I threw in pictures of the wave maker and heater I will be using, these are from previous tanks

I also decided to switch up my salt, as I am currently using really cheap crappy fish only salt, so I got a 200g mix of fritz rpm blue box.

they also had a sweet toadstool, so I got that too, waiting for it to open up and will post pics in the morning.

hope I didn’t make any really terrible purchases!

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while, as the last couple big pieces are custom, which is making them take forever to come. However I did receive the custom steel legs today, along with the ato, so I figured I would give this thread a little life!
IMG_5888.jpg
IMG_5890.jpg
IMG_5839.jpg
Progress is progress! Keep the pictures coming! Looking forward to seeing your build come together!

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

Kessil a80s are under rated imo. But the a pair of kessil a160‘s would be pretty dang good on that tank as well.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back