Innovative Marine 38g Build

Aries426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to set up another tank. I was looking at the Innovative Marine setups and really liked the fact that these AIO tanks have many different gadgets. They make skimmers, media reactors, lights, nozzle and basket upgrades, etc...

I was originally looking at getting the 24g one which is 36"L by 14"W. But when I actually saw it, the display was only about 9"W. It just looked to narrow for my liking. So a local reefer on BRS (Boston Reefer Society) had the 38g one for sale and it was brand new! So I got it. Here is a side picture of it.

uploadfromtaptalk1401475887197.jpg

I'm planning on doing some SPS and LPS. Most of the LPS will be acans, chalices and zoas.

I have a new MP10WES but after reading various posts on people that setup these tanks they went with the Spin Stream nozzle adapters. I got 2 of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1401476047453.jpg

I am upgrading the return pump from the 465gph it comes with to a 660gph Sicce. I'm hoping the extra gph will be enough to compensate for no powerhead. Has anyone done this can give me some advice?

I also am going to use a Tunze 3155 ATO which again I had for a different setup.

uploadfromtaptalk1401476224250.jpg

One of the issues I'm having is deciding on a light. I have a brand new 24" ATI 6x24w T5 fixture. Do you guys think this will be to much? Another one I was thinking of was to get the Kessil a360 and use that. Just sell my ATI and get the Kessil.

Lastly I am thinking of getting the Innovative Marine Protein Skimmer and Media Reactors (Carbon and GFO). A buddy told me I should also setup a Kalkwasser reactor as well.

I don't mind taking my time but I do want to do it right. I am planning in building a nice stand which I will be starting tomorrow hopefully. I will be uploading my progress as I go along.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Chad.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like a nice build you have going. For what you want to keep, I think your existing lights may be a bit too much. I'm always trying to save money so I'd probably keep it but maybe only do four bulbs. I can't help on the pump info......

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back