Innovative Marine EXT 170 Build

Time to start the build thread as the tank showed up today. A little bit of a workout drill pushing up the hill.

I work in the logistics business and I have to say IM packages their tanks extremely well. All arrived safe and sound.

Now the fun can begin!

20210803_123710.jpg
20210803_124603.jpg
Just a question! My partner and I bought the 170 ext and were just baffled at how we’re going to get this in our house and in the basement! Any tips you can give us ?
 
Just a question! My partner and I bought the 170 ext and were just baffled at how we’re going to get this in our house and in the basement! Any tips you can give us ?
One approach that I have seen to be effective - buy a couple of six packs, maybe add pizza, and invite the strongest friends you have.
 
I am curious how it is holding up. Thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one.
 
What size of pipe, union, ball valve and 45 deg angle pipe did you use? I just got the same tank and need to order the plumbing. Cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new