Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 with Maxspect Razor build

MikeMiniReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Innovative Marine 16-gallon Nuvo tank and 20.5" 16,000K Maxspect LED Razor R420R Light Fixture from MarineDepot (combo kit). Almost bought the original $350 Nuvo 16 and $420 Maxspect Razor separately months ago but thanks to MarineDepot's special package (without the IM weak lights), I saved $230 (with 10% coupon).

Live stock will most likely be 2 tank raised Ocellaris Clown Fish (or should I go with Percula?), 1 Cleaner Shrimp, various clean up crew (Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, snails, etc) and a variety of soft/hard corals which are compatible with my tank size (to be decided later).

Tank build will include (some of which I already purchased):

[h=1]* Hydor Koralia 425 and 240 powerheads on separate side ends (on timers)[/h][h=1]* Eheim Jager TruTemp 50W Heater [/h][h=1]* Digital Thermometer[/h][h=1]* Instant Ocean Reef Crystals salt mix[/h][h=1]* inTank Custom Media/Fuge Baskets[/h][h=1]* Chemipure Elite in 1 back media basket[/h][h=1]* Purigen in the other back media basket[/h][h=1]* Filter Floss/Carbon Pad in both back media baskets[/h][h=1]* Chaeto macroalgae and pods in refugium[/h][h=1]* Underwater 10W Refugium Light[/h][h=1]* Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Ca/Alk/Mg Multi Test Kit[/h][h=1]* Combisan[/h][h=1]* Marc Weiss Coral Vital[/h][h=1]* Two Little Fishies C-Balance (or is ESV B-Ionic 2 Part better?)[/h][h=1]* Coral dip (which brand/solution is best?)
* 10 gallon QT and Quick Cure for freshwater baths for fish
[/h]

[h=1]* Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink live sand[/h][h=1]* Around 20 lbs live rock[/h][h=1]* NanoMag Magnetic Cleaner & All-in-One Corner Scraper[/h][h=1]*
Innovative Marine Desktop Protein Skimmer (might NOT get this since I will stay on top of my water changes)​
[/h][h=1]* JBJ ATO System (or is Tunze Nano ATO better?)[/h][h=1]* Heaters and pumps for top off water and stored mixed water.[/h][h=1]* 75 or 90 gpd RO/DI System with TDS meter, pressure gauge, 1 micron poly sediment filter, 0.5 or 1 micron carbon block, Filmtec RO membrane, refillable DI resin (which is best: Buckeye Field Supply Premium Series 75 gph or SpectraPure Maxpure 90 gph RO/DI?)[/h]
[h=1]
[/h]

Gonna take my time on the build to make sure every thing runs smoothly. Let me know your thoughts and if I'm missing anything or if you think I should replace an item with something. Also please help answer any of the questions I had next to some of the listed items.

Thanks!!! - Mike

IMG_4163.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg
IMG_4176.jpg
IMG_4181.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome build so far. Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
M

MikeMiniReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Bought dry rock from BRS so I'm in the process of curing them. Ordered 22 pounds but only using half of them since they were bigger than I thought. Taking my time with the build. 1-2 months curing in a separate tank then 1-2 months cycling in the Nuvo 16. Here's one of the aquascapes I was playing around with before I started the curing process in a separate tank.
Final Aquascape (18).jpg
Final Aquascape (13).jpg

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I'm setting one of these up for my 6 yr old right now. Waiting for the next wave of goodies from premiumaquatics tomorrow.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back