Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 with Maxspect Razor build

MikeMiniReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Innovative Marine 16-gallon Nuvo tank and 20.5" 16,000K Maxspect LED Razor R420R Light Fixture from MarineDepot (combo kit). Almost bought the original $350 Nuvo 16 and $420 Maxspect Razor separately months ago but thanks to MarineDepot's special package (without the IM weak lights), I saved $230 (with 10% coupon).

Live stock will most likely be 2 tank raised Ocellaris Clown Fish (or should I go with Percula?), 1 Cleaner Shrimp, various clean up crew (Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, snails, etc) and a variety of soft/hard corals which are compatible with my tank size (to be decided later).

Tank build will include (some of which I already purchased):

[h=1]* Hydor Koralia 425 and 240 powerheads on separate side ends (on timers)[/h][h=1]* Eheim Jager TruTemp 50W Heater [/h][h=1]* Digital Thermometer[/h][h=1]* Instant Ocean Reef Crystals salt mix[/h][h=1]* inTank Custom Media/Fuge Baskets[/h][h=1]* Chemipure Elite in 1 back media basket[/h][h=1]* Purigen in the other back media basket[/h][h=1]* Filter Floss/Carbon Pad in both back media baskets[/h][h=1]* Chaeto macroalgae and pods in refugium[/h][h=1]* Underwater 10W Refugium Light[/h][h=1]* Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Ca/Alk/Mg Multi Test Kit[/h][h=1]* Combisan[/h][h=1]* Marc Weiss Coral Vital[/h][h=1]* Two Little Fishies C-Balance (or is ESV B-Ionic 2 Part better?)[/h][h=1]* Coral dip (which brand/solution is best?)
* 10 gallon QT and Quick Cure for freshwater baths for fish
[/h]

[h=1]* Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink live sand[/h][h=1]* Around 20 lbs live rock[/h][h=1]* NanoMag Magnetic Cleaner & All-in-One Corner Scraper[/h][h=1]*
Innovative Marine Desktop Protein Skimmer (might NOT get this since I will stay on top of my water changes)​
[/h][h=1]* JBJ ATO System (or is Tunze Nano ATO better?)[/h][h=1]* Heaters and pumps for top off water and stored mixed water.[/h][h=1]* 75 or 90 gpd RO/DI System with TDS meter, pressure gauge, 1 micron poly sediment filter, 0.5 or 1 micron carbon block, Filmtec RO membrane, refillable DI resin (which is best: Buckeye Field Supply Premium Series 75 gph or SpectraPure Maxpure 90 gph RO/DI?)[/h]
[h=1]
[/h]

Gonna take my time on the build to make sure every thing runs smoothly. Let me know your thoughts and if I'm missing anything or if you think I should replace an item with something. Also please help answer any of the questions I had next to some of the listed items.

Thanks!!! - Mike

IMG_4163.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg
IMG_4176.jpg
IMG_4181.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome build so far. Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
M

MikeMiniReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Bought dry rock from BRS so I'm in the process of curing them. Ordered 22 pounds but only using half of them since they were bigger than I thought. Taking my time with the build. 1-2 months curing in a separate tank then 1-2 months cycling in the Nuvo 16. Here's one of the aquascapes I was playing around with before I started the curing process in a separate tank.
Final Aquascape (18).jpg
Final Aquascape (13).jpg

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I'm setting one of these up for my 6 yr old right now. Waiting for the next wave of goodies from premiumaquatics tomorrow.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back