Innovative Marine Nuvo 15 vs Fluval Evo 13.5 - Getting Back Into The Hobby

TacticalReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have been out of the hobby for a couple of years and finally got the seal of approval to get a new tank with the condition of it being a nano tank. I am looking at either the Innovative Marine Nuvo 15 or a Fluval Evo 13.5. Wanted to get some feedback on which members of the community think would be the best to work with.

My previous experience in the hobby has been with all IM tanks. I have owned all of the Fusion tanks from a 10 gallon to a 40 gallon AIO. I love their filtration and glass quality. But I wanted to see if the Evo 13.5 would be a better recommendation as it is a bit of a longer tank.

When it comes to upgrades, I always plan on upgrading when I can. I have a Prime 16HD in storage from years ago I plan on using. I also like to always upgrade to InTank media baskets and of course the return pump.

Please let me know what your honest thoughts are on these two tanks or if there are other things I should consider. Looking forward to being back in the hobby soon!

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm like you where I've had mostly IM tanks over the years. IM10, IM25, IM14 and IM40. I currently have the Fluval 13.5 as a frag tank. I think the Fluval is decent, but I prefer the IM tanks. More options for upgrades for the IM tanks. Fluval return pump chamber is small so your more limited on which pumps you can use. I think the IM tanks are higher quality made as well. However the Fluval works just fine and can be found much cheaper. My advice would be, if budget isn't an issue go with IM. Otherwise the Fluval is a decent option if your on more of a budget. Just my 2 cents...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back