New Fluval 13.5

JustOurTank421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started my tank 3/12/24 . It's the fluval evo 13.5. Tank cycled . So far I have stocked

-GSP
-Blue damsel
-10 hermits
-1 turbo snail
I'm using all stock setup I did add the heater since it's not included.
I'm looking for some insights,thoughts and advice on better upgrades for set up, along with media, filtrations & dosing.
& ALSO NEED GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ADDITIONAL HARDY IS WHATS PREFERABLY WANTED (acro is not wanted for this tank but open to suggestions)
•Fish
•Corals
•inverts
•algea

(Husband is the hobbiest he is moderately experienced just not with this small of tank)

20240316_161419.jpg

Last edited:

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started my tank 3/12/24 . It's the fluval evo 13.5 . So far I have stocked

-GSP
-Blue damsel
-10 hermits
-1 turbo snail
I'm using all stock setup I did add the heater since it's not included.
I'm looking for some insights,thoughts and advice on better upgrades for set up, along with media, filtrations & dosing.
& ALSO NEED GREAT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ADDITIONAL HARDY IS WHATS PREFERABLY WANTED (acro is not wanted for this tank but open to suggestions)
•Fish
•Corals
•inverts
•algea

20240316_161419.jpg
You'll need more rock. Preferable live rock. Real ocean live rock, even better.

I think you are too soon for clean up crew (hermits and snails). There is likely not enough for them to eat.

You have probably limited yourself to what other fish you might keep by putting a typically semi- aggressive fish in a small tank.

OP
OP
JustOurTank421

JustOurTank421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some good online sites . I've checked all LFS . THEY'RE GOOD BUT LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT OPTIONS WITH LIVEROCK. AND DAMSEL IS JUST A KICKOFF ADD .

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not everyone agrees with me but I wouldn’t have a saltwater tank without a clown pair. Tailspot blennies pack a big personality in a small package. Candy cane and duncans are good beginner lps. Zoas, sinularia, mushrooms gsp on an island are great beginner corals and very forgiving of parameters. Rock flower anemones with some sexy shrimp for it to host would work. Trochus, cerith and ninja star snails. Nassarius snails would help keep the sandbed turned over and clean. Dwarf blue and red leg hermits are good scavengers. Skunk cleaner shrimp are always out and about and happy to clean your hand when it’s in the tank. As mentioned, make sure there is enough food for the herbivores before you add them.

OP
OP
JustOurTank421

JustOurTank421

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not everyone agrees with me but I wouldn’t have a saltwater tank without a clown pair. Tailspot blennies pack a big personality in a small package. Candy cane and duncans are good beginner lps. Zoas, sinularia, mushrooms gsp on an island are great beginner corals and very forgiving of parameters. Rock flower anemones with some sexy shrimp for it to host would work. Trochus, cerith and ninja star snails. Nassarius snails would help keep the sandbed turned over and clean. Dwarf blue and red leg hermits are good scavengers. Skunk cleaner shrimp are always out and about and happy to clean your hand when it’s in the tank. As mentioned, make sure there is enough food for the herbivores before you add them.
Thank you so much great information and recommends . Husband agreed as we've discussed a lot of the same points .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back