Fluval Evo 13.5 Light Solution

Willis_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a budget upgrade for my saltwater tank (Fluval Sea Evo 13.5 gallon). I have come across the Fluval SEA Marine Nano LED (). Has anyone got this light upgrade option before? I wanted to get a programmable light, so I would love to know if you all think this light would be sufficient. I am aiming to move toward getting an anemone in someday as well.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you plan to grow in the tank, coral wise? Just the anemone? and do you mean bubbletip anemone? That will help us guide you on lighting options

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the Fluval Marine 3.0. Lights up the tank nicely (nice spread), but the light intensity was poor. My attempts at BTAs failed (may be other factors, too). Upgraded to a different set of bar lights and then one more final upgrade to the Noopsyche K7 Mini, which was the best light I've used on my Evo. Rainbow BTA grew just fine under the Noop. I now have a 40gal with a nem island and the rainbow BTA and black widow BTA are both underneath a Noopsyche K7 Mini and growing very well. That light will grow anything, is small and relatively inexpensive. Programming works fine. Not as fancy as the Fluval App or MyAI app, for example, but totally works for hourly changes in the three light channels. My program, for example:
1711142996337.png

En fin, if you want flexibility on which corals/nems to grow, I'd go with a different light from the Fluval, and the Noopsyches are very good LEDs for the price point.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back