Mystery growth on snail shell

  • Thread starter Thread starter magsfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

magsfins

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting up a nano reef tank. I was gifted a 13.5-gallon Fluval Evo and plan on stocking with a small pair of Clarkii clowns and an anemone, as well as some basic corals. I have a larger tank currently in the process of being set up that the fish will be moved to once they start to outgrow the Fluval. I finally was able to introduce a clean-up crew and noticed a few days later one of my snails has a small plant I am unaware of growing from it's shell, can anyone help me identify this growth and how I should about with treating it or removing it if its harmful?
1787508361868-29adc1a3-19ad-46ca-8fb0-5773339eadd6.jpeg
 
Check out Acetabularia

They usually fade away, but I think I have heard of invasions? I got some once from Jamaica but they didnt persist in my system.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new