Waterbox 35.2 AIO New Build

antihackable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I am new to saltwater aquariums, this would be my first attempt at building a reef tank. My goal is a simple reef tank with a couple fish and softie/LPS corals. This will be setup in my home office. I look forward to experiencing both the challenges and joys of taking care of this tank, with my son.

Equipment List:
Waterbox 35.2 tank with white stand
Lighting: Prime 16 HD LED Reef Light
Flow: Ai Nero 3
Return Pump: MightyJet 538 GPH DC
ATO: Red Sea ReefATO+
Heater: 200w Titanium Aquarium Heater with Controller
Sand: 20 lb. Fiji Pink Arag-Alive! Reef Sand - CaribSea
Rock: CaribSea LifeRock
Fritz 9 Nitrifying Bacteria

Buying List (misc):
Kraken Reef Lid
RO/DI 75 5 Stage

Livestock (Open to ideas)
2 Clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman
Mandarinfish (maybe?)

Looking forward to the build!

Mark

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1553.JPG IMG_1546.JPG

OP
OP
antihackable

antihackable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates:
I had some issues getting the tank/stand from wobbling from left to right, front to back it was stable. I contacted Waterbox support and they sent me a " reinforcement kit" + some extra bolts. I was also able to find the same aluminum bars they use on the stand on amazon (if anyone has a similar issue).

Aluminum 2020 bars:
Bolts and nuts:
Right Angle Brackets:

You will have to cut them to size but you can do it with a $10 hack saw at Home Depot.

With the extra aluminum bars I was able to create a small shelf to hide cabling.

IMG_1597.JPG

boisblancboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, added water and bacteria a week ago, just added two clownfish to start the cycle. Probably wont be adding anything for a couple weeks until I'm past the ugly stage.
Looking good! I think I’m going to go with a hydra 32 instead of a prime. Just to give myself a little more options when it comes to corals down the road.

Reefer Brent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Wish I had thrown the extra cash at a Waterbox in the beginning but was just learning. Love the size of their chambers and double socks. Their peninsula will be my next tank way down the road.

OP
OP
antihackable

antihackable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I think I’m going to go with a hydra 32 instead of a prime. Just to give myself a little more options when it comes to corals down the road.
Thats a really nice light! I am super new to this so I am probably only going to start with simple/basic corals so I think an AI 16 should be fine for now. I have seen these 35.2 builds with two ai primes.

boisblancboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a really nice light! I am super new to this so I am probably only going to start with simple/basic corals so I think an AI 16 should be fine for now. I have seen these 35.2 builds with two ai primes.
I am also very new and have seen the 2 AI’s for the 35.2 builds. I just figure instead of spending the money which would be more for 2 AI’s vs 1 hydra 32 it just made sense to me. Obviously more than one way to skin a cat.

But yeah very interested in watching your progress since I’ll be doing the same.

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does it take a standard 4” sock im debating between water box and innovative marine for a office tank at work

1trickpony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post was the basis for my weekend conversion of my Waterbox 35 AIO. Thank you for posting it.
Mark I'm curious about your return pump the MightyJet. Is it quite and do you like it better than the Sicce 1.5 that came with your Waterbox originally?

OP
OP
antihackable

antihackable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@1trickpony I liked the control panel that came with the MightyJet. It has a feed mode which is super nice. I use the Sicce as a salt mixer in my basement. Both pumps are super quiet.

OP
OP
antihackable

antihackable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update to the tank: Added more rock to the tank. Currently have two clowns, 1 six line wrasse, 1 royal gramma & CUC.

Added the intank media baskets, removed the filter socks, replaced with filter floss.. so much easier!

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 66

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back