Innovative Marine Nuvo 40 - Anybody raise the baffle area MOD ?

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Santa brought me a new aquarium for Christmas aka Jan 1st actually he was late could not find the house in all the Florida sun...LOL

The issue i found was the water level is about almost 2" below the top of the rimless tank.
When I add more water - it skips the back of the tank back built in area instead of going thru the two media basket areas.... directly across to the other areas where i have a skimmer, return pump and mini reactor.

I was wondering if anyone has built up the first baffle on each side to force the water thru the first chambers on each side... it has duel returns built in ?

Also looking for a permanent way to do this - cut glass VS acrylic maybe...
Thanks in advance.... Picture is not 40 - but is same setup - notice how low glass first baffle is on both sides where baskets are.

Back.jpg

MatsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. It also bothered me the water line is so low but haven't thought about doing any mods. I awish they would just frost the glass at the top the way Fluval does.

15121-fluval-m40-aquarium-equipped-ukw400-h400.png

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to play with the water level of the pump area. You will cause less water in the back of the system meaning the pump will pump out more water than is coming in to the back chambers doing this. You would have to adjust the pump speed. Stock pump has no speed adjustment. There is a method to the madness of baffles in a sump area. It all depends on the water flow of the pump being in balance with the input from the overflow.

Mtterry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Santa brought me a new aquarium for Christmas aka Jan 1st actually he was late could not find the house in all the Florida sun...LOL

The issue i found was the water level is about almost 2" below the top of the rimless tank.
When I add more water - it skips the back of the tank back built in area instead of going thru the two media basket areas.... directly across to the other areas where i have a skimmer, return pump and mini reactor.

I was wondering if anyone has built up the first baffle on each side to force the water thru the first chambers on each side... it has duel returns built in ?

Also looking for a permanent way to do this - cut glass VS acrylic maybe...
Thanks in advance.... Picture is not 40 - but is same setup - notice how low glass first baffle is on both sides where baskets are.

Back.jpg
Not to dig up old threads, but I did adjust mine. I cut some small pieces of lexan and test fit until I got my desired height ( just held the two there with my hands)... Pretty easy. Looks much better too.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back