Innovative Marine Nuvo38/Nuvo40

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Glad the transfer went well. I actually ditched my 38 before setting it up and went with a Nuvo 30l instead.

I do love the look of the 40 though.

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Glad the transfer went well. I actually ditched my 38 before setting it up and went with a Nuvo 30l instead.

I do love the look of the 40 though.

I personally wish I went with the 30 back when I bought my 38. I was new to the hobby though more is better but now I see the limitations with scape the 30 gives you more room for scape ideas and islands. The reason I got the 40 is because I was able to mod my stand fore 15 bucks I used scrap would from my uncle who is a carpenter so I only had to buy paint and some sc
your tank is looking nice. keep up the good work. i suggest mor nasarus snails

Thanks wish i didn't have to drop 400 bucks into swapping tanks but such is life so far everything is running smooth except for my top off unit seems to fill till it trips the alarm i am thinking it has to do with the return chamber being much narrower then my previous nuvo38 and the fluctuation seems to be way more sensitive. I adjusted my Optical eye to the lower position so there is more space between that and the float sensor to see if that solves my issue. so other then the top off issues everything is running smooth.

i plan on getting more livestock in a few weeks i want to let the tank settle some from the swap i also am leaving for vegas in the next few weeks so i would like to be home to keep an eye on any additions i put in. so for the next few weeks i wont have much to update once we get towards the end of the month hopefully i have some more updates for you guys

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wish I went with the 30 back when I bought my 38. I was new to the hobby though more is better but now I see the limitations with scape the 30 gives you more room for scape ideas and islands. The reason I got the 40 is because I was able to mod my stand fore 15 bucks I used scrap would from my uncle who is a carpenter so I only had to buy paint

I am pretty happy with the look of the 30l so far. It is very narrow but its something I can work out. One thing is that the lighting costs are doubled since its a 3 foot tank. I ended up going with 2 A350W.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you did your transfer, did all the rocks and corals just go into the buckets? Then just tear down the old tank and install the new one?

OP
OP
A

Anthony Danta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you did your transfer, did all the rocks and corals just go into the buckets? Then just tear down the old tank and install the new one?

Yes i drained water into 5 gallon buckets and placed the rocks and everything in them. then in 1 bucket i had my fish i put the heater in it and a air stone while i set everything else back up. i was very careful filling up the tank so it wasn't very cloudy i then ran the new tank for about a hour or so and got the temp to match the bucket the fish were in and the water cleared up and then re added the fish

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i drained water into 5 gallon buckets and placed the rocks and everything in them. then in 1 bucket i had my fish i put the heater in it and a air stone while i set everything else back up. i was very careful filling up the tank so it wasn't very cloudy i then ran the new tank for about a hour or so and got the temp to match the bucket the fish were in and the water cleared up and then re added the fish

Thanks for the explanation. I am going to be doing a tank transfer soon and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 137 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back