Rating - 100%
3   0   0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells it so I assume it can ge used for saltwater? They do state that it is not reef safe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-103015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-103015_Chrome.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 24

PlumbTuckered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its ok as a bath prior to introduction after acclimation but I find quarantine more effective as well as general cure and ruby Rally pro

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I found this on it while trying to find the ingredients:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As part of my QT procedure. last step either in addition to or instead of a FW dip.

*for fishes*

I would just use the FW dip, but the trick is, put the fish into some seawater after the dip, as that gives you time to then search the dip water for dead flukes BEFORE putting the fish into the DT. No dip process is 100% effective, but they do work well as a diagnostic tool.

I struggle with this Hydroplex product; they hide the ingredients very well. I won't use a product that if I don't know what's in it. Would you take medication if your doctor refused to tell you what was in it? There is a post here that says it contains coconut oil and other material used in cosmetics. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, but here is what was posted:

The active ingredients are : Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparben, octyl dodecanol, polysorbate-20, polyvinal pyrolidone, potassium phosphate, potassium sorbate, propylparaben Capric Triglyceride is coconut oil Imidazolidinyl urea is preservative.

I don't have any of these materials listed in my fish disease formularies.

Jay

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would just use the FW dip, but the trick is, put the fish into some seawater after the dip, as that gives you time to then search the dip water for dead flukes BEFORE putting the fish into the DT. No dip process is 100% effective, but they do work well as a diagnostic tool.

I struggle with this Hydroplex product; they hide the ingredients very well. I won't use a product that if I don't know what's in it. Would you take medication if your doctor refused to tell you what was in it? There is a post here that says it contains coconut oil and other material used in cosmetics. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, but here is what was posted:

The active ingredients are : Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparben, octyl dodecanol, polysorbate-20, polyvinal pyrolidone, potassium phosphate, potassium sorbate, propylparaben Capric Triglyceride is coconut oil Imidazolidinyl urea is preservative.

I don't have any of these materials listed in my fish disease formularies.

Jay
Thanks for your input Jay!

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its ok as a bath prior to introduction after acclimation but I find quarantine more effective as well as general cure and ruby Rally pro

Looks to me like Biocellatus and not Ornatus or Claudia. I wouldn’t go for a Hortulanus and stick to smaller species of Halichoeres such as Leucoxanthus, Iridis, Cosmetus ect.
@vetteguy53081 how/what do you dip with reef rally pro? I have used as a 90 minute bath, and am wondering after my 30 days of copper and metroplex, a 90 min bath f reef rally pro prior to going into fresh water for 14 day observation would do anything. thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@vetteguy53081 how/what do you dip with reef rally pro? I have used as a 90 minute bath, and am wondering after my 30 days of copper and metroplex, a 90 min bath f reef rally pro prior to going into fresh water for 14 day observation would do anything. thoughts?
90 minute bath would be prior to quarantine and copper treatment

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back