Insect Eaters

  • Thread starter Thread starter Megumi05
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Megumi05

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been getting much help anywhere else so I thought I would try to post this in the lounge. I am seeking a hardy, small, fish that will eat insect parts namely crickets. I have a semi-aquatic frog and his tank gets so littered with cricket parts. It is about 3 gallons shallow water that is filtered (so water movement aerating it) and it is unheated but typical temp is mid 70s F. My best thoughts were killifish, Bettas, and mosquito fish. My understanding is mosquito fish are used in outdoor unheated ponds to control insects (mainly larvae though) as well as algaes. Could they eat cricket legs or are they too small?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new