Instant ocean .. Is this any good ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefcatch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefcatch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
106
Reaction score
59
Location
saint louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the hobby using ONLY Red Sea salt but, it’s too expensive so I’m currently thinking about ( instant ocean sea salt ) and asking opinions if this is good and if anyone here using it while successfully keeping SPS ?

20260610_141629_951BCA01-5FB2-4FB7-94D4-1430C19C55F5.png
 
I started with Instant Ocean. My only complaint was how dirty it mixed. It mixed fast and stayed mixed for days as long as I kept it at temp and circulated it. I didn't have many corals before switching to Nyos so it easily kept up my water parameters. Lots of large scale aquariums use it. If I wasnt so lazy that I dont want to clean my mixing barrel I would probably still be using it.
 
It mixes dirty but not having a fancy mixing station that doesn't bother me. Its all I've used for 10 years. It mixes close enough to the alk level I run so no adjustment are needed.
Here's a few IO tanks of mine to help you decide.

First two are retired.
PXL_20240222_233233684~2.jpg


20220323_171823.jpg


PXL_20251108_012602277~2.jpg


SPS tank all grown from little frags.
PXL_20260510_171216765.MP~3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new