Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

landshark777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had a problem with Instant Ocean Reef Crystals turning your water brownish and yellow? I slowly went from plain Instant Ocean to Instant Ocean Reef Crystals over a slow period of time.It use to be crystal clear before but now it doesn't since I crossed over to Reef Crystals. My corals and fish still look healthy but my tank looks slightly cloudy.I did a water change but it still looks cloudy.Think I should switch to a different type of salt? Starting to panic.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, why I changed salts in the end. I ordered a 200G box and the salt in one of the bags was literally yellow. IO said is was ok to use, but I didn't trust it and got a refund from Amazon.

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had a problem with Instant Ocean Reef Crystals turning your water brownish and yellow? I slowly went from plain Instant Ocean to Instant Ocean Reef Crystals over a slow period of time.It use to be crystal clear before but now it doesn't since I crossed over to Reef Crystals. My corals and fish still look healthy but my tank looks slightly cloudy.I did a water change but it still looks cloudy.Think I should switch to a different type of salt? Starting to panic.
It’s a common occurrence with reef crystals. I believe it was due to organics in the salt that are of no harm. I have been using the salt for 2 years with no issues.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back