Interceptor Dosing / Vet Documentation Help

Reginald Reefer III

Coral Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
2,713
Reaction score
4,862
Location
Boise, ID
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to dose my sps/acro dominated reef proactively and requested from my vet some Interceptor to use. He looked at me weird and gave me the spiel about it being a heartworm med for dogs. I then explained that it's also used in aquaria and he requested some documentation explaining the process prior to approving the medication being released.

Is there anything floating around out there that people have used in this regard to help sway veterinarians? Scientific articles? Articles on here? Any help would be appreciated.
 

They require a prescription, at least online. I suppose it may be different in store but if its a law, regulation etc I don't think it would be
Screenshot_20241211-113632.png
 
I ordered a bunch online back in October from a Canadian vet supply website. No prescription needed. PM me if you'd like the link.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new