Interceptor Treatment and water changes

TheSaint216

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
358
Reaction score
17
Location
Berea, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious I've been reading that people are doing 25% water changes after treatment? Is this really necessary? I can throw the Carbon in but Ive seen threads where people do the water changes and dont. Wondering what the side effects are without doing it.
 
Personally I didn't do one and I didn't even run carbon, I also overdosed with the interceptor to be sure it killed the red bugs because I was using expired interceptor tabs, But I wouldn't recommend not doing a waterchange because I'm sure it would be better, The only affect I noticed was my pod population lol I had piles of pods in a couple dead spots in my tank, I bet it wiped out every pod I had in there, I had to buy more pods online to seed the tank again, But there no was I'll affects on fish or coral and I just continued with my weekly waterchanges.
 
Last edited:
I've never had an issue with running interceptor without a water change. Done it numerous times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new