Interest in a fully Open-Source Controller Platform?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down. Is there a reef-pi Slack (or IRC!?) channel already? I think for now I'll try to get familiar with reef-pi and contribute there. I don't plan on totally abandoning my stuff, since it's the only real way I get to play with Rust and other concepts like it, but having one solid, open source frontrunner is something I think the community needs.
Yeah, dont abandon the rust project. Push it in github, I can take a look at it and may contribute to it as well.
reef-pi frontend is all based on the 1.0 API, so if you want you can swap in/out different backends :) . you can just implement one sub system in rust and we can take that for a spin with reef-pi ui ...

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm sounds like you guys are at a different level than I am. Not sure how much I could aid in this but good luck

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this. I just got a Pi 3 recently. I also plan to try out the atlas boards for pH etc. I was thinking of using the wifi enabled power strips if I can figure out how to comunicate with them using the Pi 3.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I have several PI3 doing functions for my business. I think using one instead of an Apex would be fun. I am going to devote a new one for playing in this.

Niwashi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am interested in using Reef-pi to control a hydroponics system. In my research Reef-Pi is one of the few opensource projects that can control the dosing which is imperative for hydroponics. That being said would love to see if I can help with the project. Can you add me to the slack channel?
[email protected]

OP
OP
cobra2326

cobra2326

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not already obvious, I think the answer to the threads question is without a doubt: Reef-Pi. Jump on board if you’re doing DIY and let’s build something great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back