Interested in buying a goniopora

lilly.hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m interested in buying a goniopora and I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what type I should buy and care/acclimation tips for them. I’m also wondering if any one in NC would be willing to sell one.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had luck with gonis. I run higher nutrients in my tank, so I think that may play a role in the success. I acclimate gonis just like all my other corals: I don't. I dip em and stick em in the tank.
I've found that gonis will do better if elevated off the sand bed. So make sure to mount them on a rock.
That pink one in the pic is larger than a softball. Started a few years ago as about 6 tiny arms.
IMO, not all gonis can touch. It appears that the red ones may have a stronger sting, as I've had that pink one melt a white goni by touching.
Medium flow. Medium light. You can see that black Clown living in it. Doesn't bother it one bit.
In this pic: Pink goni, cotton candy goni, white/green goni, red goni and a really hard to describe one that actually is an alveopora (I think).
IMG_5151copy.jpeg

OP
OP
lilly.hall

lilly.hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always had luck with gonis. I run higher nutrients in my tank, so I think that may play a role in the success. I acclimate gonis just like all my other corals: I don't. I dip em and stick em in the tank.
I've found that gonis will do better if elevated off the sand bed. So make sure to mount them on a rock.
That pink one in the pic is larger than a softball. Started a few years ago as about 6 tiny arms.
IMO, not all gonis can touch. It appears that the red ones may have a stronger sting, as I've had that pink one melt a white goni by touching.
Medium flow. Medium light. You can see that black Clown living in it. Doesn't bother it one bit.
In this pic: Pink goni, cotton candy goni, white/green goni, red goni and a really hard to describe one that actually is an alveopora (I think).
IMG_5151copy.jpeg
Thank you so much! I’m gonna buy some today

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back