Interesting and unique inverts for a macro algae tank

zwalter38

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
231
Reaction score
106
Location
Scranton, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made a few posts about my system which is a little unique. It’s a 135 mixed reef filtered by canisters, with a 35g cube display refugium plumbed in. I’m looking for some interesting inverts for the display fuge.

Currently it houses two clowns and a ORA mandarin. Along with 5 sexy shrimp, trocus nassarius and cerith snails, two strawberry conchs, blue legged hermits, and two Pom Pom crabs (I believe are still alive but haven’t seen them in a few weeks).

It is pretty densely planted with macros so I understand I won’t always see things and I’m okay with that. I’m just looking for unique/interesting inverts that will do well in a tank that size with those other inhabitants.
 
I have made a few posts about my system which is a little unique. It’s a 135 mixed reef filtered by canisters, with a 35g cube display refugium plumbed in. I’m looking for some interesting inverts for the display fuge.

Currently it houses two clowns and a ORA mandarin. Along with 5 sexy shrimp, trocus nassarius and cerith snails, two strawberry conchs, blue legged hermits, and two Pom Pom crabs (I believe are still alive but haven’t seen them in a few weeks).

It is pretty densely planted with macros so I understand I won’t always see things and I’m okay with that. I’m just looking for unique/interesting inverts that will do well in a tank that size with those other inhabitants.
I like sponges, sea apples & flame scallops
 
I like sponges, sea apples & flame scallops

I actually do have some orange ruffle sponges that are doing okay. I would get some others if my lfs got some nice ones in. Sea apples scare me lol I’m afraid of nuking my tank. But they do look nice. Scallops could be interesting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new